Jalandhar LogoJalandhar bANNER

TrainBusStudentsContactsImmigrationLocal EventsLocal JobsLocal MapsBlood Service

HomeDhaba/RestaurantClassifiedMoviesBlogFun MagazineHotelsNewsNRIShoppingWeatherSportsBlood ServiceJewelsTourismPhotosLocal Politics

 How to Get a Student VisaBack to Immigration Page



Do not forget to read US travel guide here


Most common kind of visitor visa to US is called F visa. Your husband/wife and children can also get dependant F-2 visa if your F-1  visa is approved. This visa is for a person who wants to go to the U.S. to go through a full course of study at an educational institution approved by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).


Anyone can get a student visa. Basically you have to convince US embassy :


You have a residence in India that you do not intend to abandon


You have been accepted to pursue a full course of study at a DHS approved institution, as demonstrated by presentation of Form I-20 A-B ("I-20") and an electronic version of that document (through SEVIS) . You get it from school/college you want to study at


You have paid the SEVIS I-901 fee, as demonstrated by presentation of the SEVIS fee payment receipt.

 You have sufficient knowledge of English to pursue the intended study (or evidence that the school is aware of the deficiency and will remedy it) . TOEFL helps.

You have sufficient money to cover the first year of study, and access to sufficient money to cover subsequent years .

You will depart at the end of your authorized stay in the U.S


For more information  Click Here.